Wimbotsham Parish Council will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations.
To qualify for an award the applicant must be able to demonstrate that any funding from The Parish Council will benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the Full Council.
In determining the validity of an application, the council will refer to the following guidelines:
WHAT CAN BE FUNDED?
- The project should be something that makes the local community a better place in which to live, work or visit.
- It should benefit people who live in the Parish.
- There must be clear evidence that local people support the project and are involved in carrying it out.
- Applications do not have to be from Groups that already exist. Help will be given to new or informal groups of people who have come together to undertake new projects and priority will be given to those who are doing something which adds value, rather than applications for running costs.
- Each group may only make one application per financial year.
- Preference will be given to local groups.
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals
- Additional applications within a 12 month period will not normally be considered.
- The award must be used for the purpose for which the application was made.
- If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purpose, all monies must be returned to the Parish Council
- All awards must be properly accounted for and evidence of expenditure should be supplied as requested. If The Parish Council is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to request a refund of monies awarded.
- Donations to Registered Charities in response to a general fundraising appeal will not normally be considered.
- Groups operating outside the parish boundary will normally be limited to an upper limit of £100.
- Any Charity, Voluntary Group or Community Organisation.
- Agencies that operate within The Parish and are of benefit to the local community, with the following provisos:
- The Parish Council will not fund activities that it considers to be the responsibility of a Statutory Authority.
- Applications from schools for an activity that takes place within the school day will not be considered.
- The Parish Council will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.